The Medical Scribe is trained in medical documentation who assist a physician throughout their shift. A Medical Scribes duties include performing all clerical and information technology functions for a physician in a clinic setting. This includes primary responsibility of the operation of the electronic health records and electronic dictation system. You also must be able to anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of the practice.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One of the following:
- 6 months experience as a Medical Scribe.
- 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Medical terminology.
2. Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
3. Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
4. Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information.
5. Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
6. Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.