Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
The call center specialist is an individual who answers a multi-line switchboard rapidly and directs the calls to destination without any delays.
Education High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
Experience 1+ years working experience as a receptionist operating a multi-line switchboard phone system.
Skills must be able to speak, understand, and write in English.
Core Job Responsibilities
1.Handles a high volume of inbound calls and maintaining a response rate swiftly in accordance with agreed standards.
2. Maintains and updates the list of availability of staff continuously to receive incoming calls.
3. operates various standard office machines, including personal computer, various software, fax, phone, and printer.
4. Monitors hospital alarms and calls emergency codes.
5. Understands and responds effectively and clearly too addressed requests in person or over the phone, and to written or verbal instructions.
6. Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards of behavior, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
7. Establishes and maintains efficient working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, patients and the general public.
8. Enters data into health information management system and performs other routine assigned clerical suites as needed.
9. Pursues personal development of knowledge and skills required for the efficient performance of the job role.
10. Other duties as assigned.