St. Francis Hospital
The Cardiac Device Specialist (CDS) provides technical, clinical, and related services in the area of Electrophysiology and Cardiology relative to Cardiac Implantable Electronic Devices (CIEDs) in the ambulatory setting. The CDS must possess the ability to setup, operate, and troubleshoot various CIED programmers and be proficient in deciphering complex Cardiac Device data elements. In collaboration with the Electrophysiology and Cardiology team, this role serves to provide quality patient care for accurate CIED management, arrhythmia interpretation, and device utilization for noninvasive arrhythmia termination protocols. Management and interpretation of CIED remote data and comprehensive knowledge of the necessary navigation of remote sites is required. The candidate must demonstrate global Cardiac Device knowledge to Physicians and have the capacity to communicate various Cardiac Device applications to patients in a coherent manner. This position functions in a highly specialized and unique area which requires a high level of clinical acumen and independence.
1. BA/BS degree in related field
2. Graduation from a recognized institution of Cardiac Device Technology and Cardiac Electrophysiology.
3. In lieu of educational requirements, will consider 3-5 years full-time direct work experience or appropriate qualifications and
experience in aligned training with demonstrated proficiency.
4. Competent in rhythm interpretation.
5. Certification by a nationally recognized association such as IBHRE is preferred.
6. Some local travel required.