St. Francis Hospital
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is a skilled worker in a specialized area who assists with the technical care of patients and phlebotomy procedures under the direction of a Registered Nurse. The PCT must be able to perform their job functions within a team-based care environment.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Completion of one of the following:
* Patient Care Technician or Multi-skilled Technician course
* Fundamentals nursing course in either an Associates Degree program or Bachelors degree program (must provide copy of transcript).
* EMT course
* Paramedic course
3. Previous clinical experience and phlebotomy (preferred)
4. BCLS certification