Education: High School Graduate
Experience/Qualifications: Minimum of 3 Years front office experience in a physician office setting preferred.
Specific Medical Office receptionist experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Typing speed of 40 wpm preferred
- Knowledge/experience of CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding required (prior medical terminology certification preferred)
- Knowledge/experience of insurance and billing processes required
- Prior experience with practice management software preferred
Physical Requirements: Light- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk; frequently to use hands, fingers; and frequently to talk or hear. The employee must exert up to 15 pounds of force occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and will be measured by post offer Physical Agility testing with a required Light rating to verify ability to meet the requirement.
Ability to multi-task, use excellent telephone etiquette, work accurately and efficiently, and interact effectively with all patients and visitors.
1. Responsible for the readiness of the reception area for each working day, open the building at the specified time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours. At the close of each working day, medical receptionist may have to secure the building, turn off or unplug appliances and machines according to agency protocols and lock all entrances.
2. Answer phones, schedule appointments, complete record requests, organize the facility's calendars and act as the liaison between medical professionals and patients while adhering to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
3. Responsible for greeting patients, scheduling patient appointments, ensuring all patient paperwork is properly completed including demographic and HIPAA forms, receiving and delivering messages, processing incoming and outgoing mail, receiving calls from hospital labs and x-ray.
4. Responsible for scheduling patient hospital admissions and referrals, maintaining the patients chart by filing medical reports and insurance forms, pulling patient charts, completing insurance and other forms.
5. Determine the financial status of patients and their eligibility for health services, assist patients in accurately completing appropriate forms and documents for the required information, collect co-pays, obtain authorizations from insurance companies when necessary, and enter in all patient information and financial information in the computer system in a timely manner.
6. Collect and deposit fees according to protocols, prepare and balance daily financial registers and submit all forms and fees to the accounts department.
Weekday - Days